Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Family Bucket List: Swim in a Lake

For those of you that do not know me, I should probably mention that I hate sand.  Hate it with a passion.  So when my family asks to go to a beach it takes a lot of planning.  I knew that "swimming in a lake" really meant "go to the beach."  I was totally prepared for this.  :)  We went to Lake Glendale in Shawnee National Forest and the water was SO warm.  Except for the huge catfish that swam in front of us (and I will admit that I may have left the 4 year old to fend for herself in a moment of panic with the baby), and the gross bathrooms we had to change it, it was overall, a very fun time.  I would definitely go back...in a few years (I can't go to the beach too often you know!)  But the kids were happy, so another bucket list item can get crossed off.

Swim in a lake


No comments:

Post a Comment