Wednesday, June 26, 2013

#997: Spanish Cauliflower Rice


In an effort to eat low carb, I decided to try this "rice" using cauliflower instead.  I love the concept of cauliflower rice, but sadly this recipe didn't do it for me.  However, I did enjoy it with some homemade marinara sauce, chopped turkey bacon and raw pumpkin seeds in it.  I know I won't make this particular recipe again but I will definitely try cauliflower rice again.  
 
3 tbsp bacon grease (I used olive oil)
1 onion chopped
2 cloves of Garlic chopped
1/2 a small green pepper, chopped, (I used colored bell peppers)
1 (10 ounce) can Mexican Recipe Stewed tomatoes (I used petite diced tomatoes)
1 teaspoon Hot Mexican Style Chili Powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
 
Heat your bacon grease in a heavy skillet, such as a cast iron 10" pan.  Add the onion, peppers and garlic and saute for a few minutes until onions are soft.  Then add your riced cauliflower and fry over high heat for a couple of minutes.  Stir in your canned Mexican tomatoes and continue to cook for a couple more minutes over high heat until the liquid has evaporated, stirring only occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment