Monday, June 10, 2013

#968: Banana Almond Pancakes


I decided to make these healthy, low-carb banana pancakes for breakfast today.  I'll admit, I was super scared to try these because it has 2 eggs in the batter and normally I avoid all egg-battered pancakes like the plague.  I hate the egg-y taste that you get with them.  I'd rather have the boxed mix where you just add water.  Terrible, I know, but they taste better to me.  Anyway, I decided to make these low-carb pancakes instead with low hopes of enjoying them.  Happily, I was proved very wrong.  These are delicious.  I couldn't taste the egg in this at all.  My  first batch turned out edible, but looked awful.  I made them too big and they were too hard to flip.  So my second batch I made much smaller pancakes and they were perfect. 

1 Banana
2 Eggs
1/2teaspoon Chia Seeds
1teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4cup Almonds, chopped
1tablespoon Coconut Oil
1pinch Sea Salt


In a medium sized bowl, mash the banana(s) to a smooth texture. Add the eggs and whisk thoroughly until the “batter” is fully combined. Roughly chopped the almonds and add the to batter; followed by the chia seeds, cinnamon and sea salt.

Heat a pan over a medium flame and grease with the coconut oil. Ladle the batter into the pan and cook for approximately 60 seconds per side; or until they are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment