Wednesday, June 26, 2013

#1,000: Chocolate Green Smoothie


The name of this recipe is both interesting and intriguing.  I couldn't help to make it not only for me, but to give to the kids as well.  This is freaking delicious!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVED this.  And so did the kids.  Well not Chloe, but she rarely will finish a smoothie I give her. 

2 frozen bananas (peel them before freezing or life will be very frustrating!)
1/2 to 1 cup almond, rice or coconut milk (I used about 1 1/4 cups of almond milk because it was so thick)
1 to 2 cups organic spinach, collards or kale
2 tsp raw honey
2 tbsp cacoa powder
Dash of sea salt (optional)
1 small handful of almonds or walnuts, chopped (I used 1 tbsp. almond butter)
Cacao nibs to sprinkle on top (optional)

Mix all ingredients except chopped nuts and cacao nibs in a blender. (I did add the almond butter at this point) Blend well. Add nuts and pulse once or twice. Pour into a glass and sprinkle cacao nibs on top for even more yummy nutrients.

No comments:

Post a Comment