Thursday, June 20, 2013

#996: Banana-Almond Milk Shakes


Don't get all excited, I wouldn't exactly call these a milk shake.  I think these are more of a thick smoothie.  There is no ice cream in this milk shake.  This is a very healthy smoothie in my opinion.  A quite delicious one too.  I made it healthier by skipping the mini chocolate chips and whip cream (even though it would have made it even better). 

I will definitely be making this again....possibly for breakfast tomorrow.  :)  Note: the ingredients listed below serves FOUR. 

1-1/4 cups almond milk (I used unsweetened chocolate almond milk)
6 frozen medium ripe bananas, cut into chunks
1/4 cup almond butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I omitted)
Sweetened whipped cream, optional (I omitted)
 

Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add chocolate chips; cover and process 30 seconds longer or until blended.

Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with whipped cream if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment