Thursday, June 13, 2013

#981: Buttered Snap Peas


This recipe has been sitting on my pinterest board for almost a year now.  I've been trying to make sure I try recipes that have been bookmarked a long time, mainly just to get them off my boards!  The only change I made to this recipe was not to use the chopped tarragon.  I've never used it and therefore didn't feel like buying it just for this recipe. 

This recipe was really easy to throw together and it was very good, although it was totally missing something.  Let's see if you can guess what ingredient I'm going to say......

That's right, it was missing BACON.  It needs about 3 slices cooked and crumbled into it.  Then it would be perfect. 


1 1/4 lbs sugar snap peas
1 shallot, minced
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp tarragon, chopped (I omitted)
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste


Cook snap peas in boiling water until bright green, about 3 minutes; drain. Cook minced shallot in a skillet with butter until soft, about 3 minutes. Whisk in a splash of water, then add the peas and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add chopped tarragon and parsley, and salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment