Sunday, June 9, 2013

#966: Low Calorie Mini Cheesecakes


There was quite a bit of confusion when I made this recipe.  I couldn't tell from the directions if I should make these in mini muffin tins or regular sized ones.  Based on the cookie fitting into the muffin pan I would assume mini muffin cups, but the amount of cheesecake filling used definitely makes one think that it has to be for regular sized muffin cups.  What's a girl to do?  Make them both ways. 

From making these, I think these are supposed to be made in regular muffin tins.  But personally, these are great in mini muffin cups.  They are the perfect one bite dessert.  But you only fill each with about 1/2 tbsp. of filling. 

So make theme either way you want and just adjust the filling amount accordingly.

My mom says the problem was that I used the wrong size mini muffin liners.  I never knew they came in more than one mini size.


We all really enjoyed this one.  The kids and I did anyways.  I made these for Chloe's birthday party.  I would definitely make these again.

15 vanilla wafer cookies (such as Nilla Wafers)
muffin liners
8 ounce package of Neufchatel cheese
1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese (no salt added)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla strawberries and blueberries (optional)


Preheat to 325 F and place rack in center of oven. Place muffin tin liners into muffin tin and add one cookie to each liner. Mix all of the remaining ingredients until smooth with a mixer. When ready, add two tablespoons of batter to each muffin cup.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until firm in the center. Serve room temperature or cold with a few blueberries or a sliced strawberries.

Per original website: For one mini cheesecake without berries = 87 calories, 5.0 g fat, 7.1 g carbohydrates, 5.4 g sugar, 3.6 g protein, 0 g fiber, 113 mg sodium, 2 PointsPlus

No comments:

Post a Comment