Wednesday, June 12, 2013

#977: Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken

 
My sister has been telling me to try this chicken.  She says we'll love it and that it's important to use the brown sugar as directed.  I wanted to keep this a little healthier so I used turkey bacon and omitted MOST of the brown sugar (don't tell her!). 

I am very liberal chili powder user so that my family will eat it.  I think I could have used more next time because I couldn't taste it at all.  The girls loved this.  They loved it so much that they asked me to make it again tomorrow.  Brian and I both thought it was good but it probably would have been better with regular, full fat bacon that gets nice and crispy.  I didn't roll my chicken in brown sugar as directed but I did sprinkle just a little bit on top when it was almost done cooking.  Maybe next time I'll actually roll it in brown sugar.  Or maybe I'll sprinkle it on top BEFORE baking.  Either way, we will make this again.
4 chicken breasts cut in thirds (12 pieces)
Bacon slices
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder
chili powder
brown sugar
 
Cut each breast into 3 pieces, season all the chicken with the spices, then wrap a bacon slice around each piece, roll in brown sugar and place into an oven proof dish....make sure you have some olive oil in the dish too, like 2 or 3 tablespoons is fine.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is nice and brown and crispy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment