Sunday, June 9, 2013

#952: Meatloaf Burgers


There definitely is no shortage of meatloaf or burger recipes, so it should be no surprise that I would find a recipe that combines the two.  I made these meatloaf burgers for dinner tonight and as I was mixing up the meat mixture the meat was super runny.  I added more oatmeal to it but they were still totally falling apart on the grill.  These wouldn't cook well and Brian couldn't turn them on the grill without them falling apart.  So I took the remaining burgers and added A LOT of breadcrumbs to help bind these better.  By a lot, I'm guessing I used at least 1/2 a cup. 

I followed the recipe as is and even added more ground turkey because I thought it looked runny.  No that's not entirely true.  It said to cook in a skillet and I grilled mine.  I don't think that should have made that much of a difference. 

Personally I liked these but I think I was the exception to my family.  Everyone at it but Brian said he didn't want the leftovers and wouldn't be super excited to try it again.  I liked it, but oh well.  Every once in a while I have to hit a bust of a meal.


1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I used ground turkey)
8 ounce can tomato sauce (can substitute 3/4 cup ketchup)
1/2 cup quick oats or cracker crumbs
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper


Place a large skillet over medium heat while you prepare the meatloaf. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix with hands until well mixed. Form into 4 doughnut shaped patties.

Place in heated skillet and brown on both sides, about 5-7 minutes per side. Add 1 cup water to skillet and continue cooking until juices run clear, about 5 minutes or so. Serve on your favorite buns.


No comments:

Post a Comment