Wednesday, June 5, 2013

#950: Layered Pasta Salad



(I took this before I went to a party so the tomatoes are not on top yet.  I added those at the last minute.)
 
This is a great make ahead recipe/pasta salad.  I used a whole box of shell noodles so I doubled the dressing.  I didn't need to.  I thought this was super over-dressed.  Next time I'll probably make 1 1/2 batches of the dressing instead.  I loved this though.  I decided I wasn't going to like the ham in this so I used bacon instead...good call.  Next time I'm going to use turkey bacon since it's a little crunchier. 

 3 cups medium pasta shells, cooked, drained
1 large red onion, sliced
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen peas, thawed, drained
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Smoked Ham, chopped (I used 12 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled)
½ cup Real Mayo Mayonnaise
½ cup Classic Ranch Dressing
1 cup Natural Three Cheese Crumbles
1 cup halved grape tomatoes

Layer the first 4 ingredients in clear 3-qt. serving bowl.  Mix mayo and dressing; spread over salad, sealing to edge of bowl. Top with cheese and tomatoes.  Refrigerate several hours or until chilled. Toss gently before serving.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment