Wednesday, June 12, 2013

#980: Chocolate Almond Coconut Water Smoothie


At my recent (practically daily) trip to the grocery store this week, I picked up some coconut water.  I tried giving some to the girls but they didn't like it...fine with me, I don't mind not sharing.  I decided to try making a smoothie with the coconut water and starting throwing things into the blender.  :)  Good plan right!?  So I made this smoothie, which I thought turned out pretty good.  I don't know if I'd make it on a regular basis with coconut water (I prefer unsweetened almond milk instead) but it was a nice change of pace for my smoothies. 

8 oz coconut water
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 frozen banana

1 tsp almond butter

Combine all ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment