Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Family Bucket List: Sidewalk Chalk Paint

One of the arts and craft activities we put on our Summer Family Bucket List was to make Sidewalk Chalk Paint.  For those that don't know, I have a chalk-phobia.  Okay, it's more of an aversion but I cannot stand to even look at chalk.  Blech.  Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl.  This activity though looked to be right up my alley!  It is super easy to make.  You just need cornstarch, water and food coloring. 

I mixed about 2 parts cornstarch to 1 part water and then added about 6-8 drops of food coloring into each bowl.  Your colors come out a beautiful pastel color.  We did this activity while Matthew was napping because I knew he'd be covered in this paint and would probably try to eat it....and I figured we'd have Matthew sized paint mark foot prints all over the driveway. 


Sidewalk Chalk Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment