Thursday, June 20, 2013

#993: Chocolate Vanilla Coffee (with a sneaky healthy twist)


Did the title of this recipe get your attention?  I would have stopped to look at this recipe just by the "Chocolate Vanilla Coffee" part.  I've not been drinking much coffee lately because I'm cutting out sugar and I don't like my coffee black.  So when I saw this recipe I figured I'd give it a try since I have an avocado going bad in my fridge.  This is surprisingly pretty good.  I'd definitely drink this again, although I'll be honest, it was too bitter for me so I had to add a little honey.  It was a thick drink so it's not like an iced latte or coffee...it's kind of like a smoothie.  Great start for breakfast...or as an accompaniment to dinner (as I did in my case). 

1 Cup Coffee, Cold
3 tbsp Avocado
1 Small Banana
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Cacao Powder
1/4 Cup Ice


Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment