Tuesday, June 11, 2013

#973: Grilled Portobello Mushrooms


I had 2 large Portobello Mushrooms in my fridge that I needed to use up so I decided that this recipe looked super easy and one that I wanted to try.  I like mushrooms.  I don't love mushrooms.  I tend to go through mushroom spurts where I buy them frequently and then not again for several months.

I didn't love this.  Not that the recipe is bad, but it's just too much mushroom for my liking.  If you love mushrooms though, you might be all over this recipe.  I would make this again if I had Portobello's on hand, but I don't know if I would run to the store to get the ingredients.


1/4 cup olive oil
3 tbsp chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Portobello mushroom caps


Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Place caps on a plate with the gills up. In a small bowl, combine the oil, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce.  Pour mixture evenly over the mushroom caps and let stand for 1 hour. Grill over hot grill for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment