Sunday, June 9, 2013

#957: Cherry Salad


Every little bit of this recipe caught my attention and made me want to make this.  I love cherries.  I was especially excited to see that it used cherry pie filling because I love cherry pies.  They aren't healthy, but I love them!

Don't be fooled by the recipe name...this sounds healthy.  Sadly it's not.  I didn't tell my mom what was in it and she was not too happy to hear how unhealthy it was after her third helping. :)  At least she liked it though. 

This is really good.  It's a eat-once-in-a-while recipe though since it's not the best healthy food choice.  It's still delicious though!


24 oz can - Cherry pie filling
14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
8 oz can of Crushed Pineapple
2/3 bag Mini Marshmallows
1 cup Chopped Pecans (optional)
16-24oz Cool Whip (personal preference richer flavor or stretch for more people)

First, completely drain the crushed pineapple.  The more juice you drain the better or else it will cause separation.


Next combine all the ingredients except the cool whip and the cherry pie filling. Make sure to mix well. Then fold in the cherry pie filling and then fold in the Cool Whip.  Let sit in the fridge overnight (although it can be eaten right away).

No comments:

Post a Comment