Wednesday, June 5, 2013

#948: Coffee Cake in a Cup


This cool, sunny morning called for something for breakfast other than my usual smoothies.  I didn't have enough ingredients in the house to make a yummy egg dish, so I decided to try this fast coffee cake recipe instead.  It definitely was fast to throw together, but it isn't the healthiest of breakfasts.  I tried to cut down on the amount of sugar so I only used 1 tbsp. and you could tell.  It was a little bland.  It was fine for my liking though. 

I didn't love this recipe but I didn't hate it either.  It was good and I ate the entire cup-full, but it's not something I would make over and over again or crave in the morning.  But for a change of breakfasts this was okay. 


1 tbsp. melted butter
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 egg
2 tbsp. sour cream
a few drops of vanilla
1/4 c. flour
1/8 tsp. baking powder

Mix it all together in a coffee cup or mug. 

Then in a separate bowl combine:
1 tbsp. melted butter
2 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix it all together and add on top of the cup. 
Microwave for about 1 minute and add ten second increments to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment