Monday, June 10, 2013

#969: Coconut Cherry Honey Nut Clusters


The original recipe called this a cookie.  Does this look like a cookie to you?  If anything I'd call it more of a muffin.  Which it is also not!  So I renamed this as clusters.  That's what it is. 

These are super low-carb and easy to make.  I think I threw them together from start to finish in about 6 minutes (not including the bake time).  This recipe made over 24 mini muffin clusters.  They are perfect to make at the beginning of the week and then enjoy as a healthy snack or treat all week long.  I'm going to freeze some from this batch so I have extras on hand after this week too. 

They are a little messy as some of them don't totally stay together in a nice cluster shape, but they are definitely good. 


I finally broke down and got some coconut oil to use in recipes.  So glad I did...delish!  

1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup  dried cherries
1 cup walnuts  (chopped)
2  tbsp  honey
2 tbsp coconut oil


Melt honey and coconut oil for a minute in the microwave.  Mix nuts, cherries and coconut together in a bowl. Gently mix in melted oil and honey.  Drop spoonfuls into mini baking cups and bake for 10 minutes at 360 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment