Sunday, June 9, 2013

#964: Sprite Sangria


The actual name for this "recipe" is not something I want to put in a family friendly blog.  Not that I'm opposed to using foul language, but I just think it is uncalled for in this recipe.  So I changed it a little. 

You just combine the ingredients using as much or as little of each as you prefer.  The original website says to use the cheapest red wine you can find.  My bottle costs $3.  :)  I chopped up the strawberries and threw them in the freezer to use as "ice cubes".   I also do not like red wine so I used a lot of Sprite to just a little bit of the red wine.

I loved this.  Loved it.  But I preferred it to have 1 bottle of wine to 2 bottles of Diet Sprite.  I totally diluted the wine but it was still really good. 


This recipe also gave my dad more reasons to make fun of me since I asked him to open the wine which cost $2.99 (that's a good wine!) and had it chilling in the fridge.  I did not know that you aren't supposed to chill red wine.  How would I know that?!

Red wine
Sliced strawberries
Sprite

No comments:

Post a Comment