Wednesday, June 26, 2013

#999: Grilled Huli Huli Chicken


As you can see from my note below, I didn't use chicken thighs as suggested in this recipe, instead I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  And I cut down on the sauce by half.  This is very good chicken!  It was super moist and there wasn't a single bite left after dinner.  I practically couldn't cut it fast enough for the girls.  There is a lot of sugar in this recipe (ketchup, brown sugar and soy sauce) but most of it gets dumped down the drain in the leftover marinade.  We will definitely make this again!

I only used 4 chicken breasts, so I cut the marinade down to 1/3 of the recipe. 

1 cup packed brown sugar3/4 cup ketchup3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic24 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 5 pounds)  (I used 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts)
 
In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Add chicken to a ziplock bag, pour in marinade, cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
 
Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
 
Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment