Sunday, June 9, 2013

#959: Weight Watchers Chocolate-Fudge Cookie Bites


I made these Weight Watchers cookies to go with the Dairy Queen ice cream cake I'm planning on serving at Chloe's birthday party.  I figured I better offset the unhealthy choices with some healthier options. 

These are very easy to make although I think they would be easier to mix up in a stand mixer than with a wooden spoon like instructed.  These are super sticky as you roll them into balls so prepared to get messy.  Also, these do not puff up or spread out so you can fit a whole bunch on a cookie sheet at one time.  Also, I think these look better flattened a little bit rather than marble shaped.  So before baking I just flattened them with my hand a little bit. 

These are good but they aren't spectacular.  They are a little chewy.  But for a healthy, one bite alternative, these are good.  I would eat these again.  I don't know if I would make them again but if set in front of me I can guarantee I would eat one...or three.

1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tbsp butter, softened
¾ c sugar
4 oz unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ¾ c flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat two nonstick cookie sheets with cooking spray or cover with parchment paper.  Place cocoa, butter and sugar in a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer. Add applesauce and vanilla; beat to blend. In another small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into cocoa batter with a wooden spoon.

Shape batter into 40 marble-size balls; place 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake until set, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to stand for 1 minute. Remove to wire rack and cool; sprinkle with powdered sugar.

The dough is a little sticky. If it's too difficult for you to work with it, chill the dough in the refrigerator first.
Store cookies in a tightly covered container to maintain freshness.


According to the original website: Yields 1 cookie per serving at 1 ww+ pt each.

No comments:

Post a Comment