Wednesday, June 12, 2013

#975: Paleo Meatballs


I'm trying to eat more low-carb meals right now, so I decided to make some meatballs (which I love anyways).  These meatballs are made with almond flour instead of breadcrumbs.  At first I thought these were just okay and a little chewy.  Then I realized I couldn't stop eating them.  I seriously had to put them in the fridge so I would stop snacking on them.  These are really good.  I used ground beef this time, but next time I'll try ground turkey.  Yum. 

1 lb lean ground turkey or extra lean ground beef
1 egg
1/4 cup almond flour
1-2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
fresh basil (sadly, I didn’t have fresh basil so I used dried)


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Meanwhile in a mixing bowl combine your egg, almond flour, basil, pepper flakes, and meat together mixing well.

Roll into meatballs and place on a greased baking sheet.  Bake for 45 minutes to an hour until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment