Friday, March 15, 2013

Product Review: Kroger Brand Yogurts


If you are a regular follower of my blog you will notice that I do product reviews every once in a while.  This is usually a result of a wonderful opportunity to try a new product for free from BzzAgent.  Have you signed up to be a BzzAgent yet??  If not, head over there right now and check it out! 

Anyhow, on a recent campaign, I was invited to try Kroger brand Carbmaster Yogurt and Kroger Greek Lite Yogurt.  We eat a lot of yogurt in this house so I was more than happy to give these products a try!  I was already a fan of the Carbmaster yogurts.  Who wouldn't be a fan?!  Not only do they taste good but they are healthy and one of the only low-carb yogurts I like!  They have great flavors and are so much less expensive than other brands. 

Thru this particular campaign I was able to try (for free) Caramel Spice Cake (doesn't that just sound delicious!?), Spiced Pear, Cherry and White Chocolate Raspberry Carbmaster Yogurts.  I loved them all.  Spiced Pear was actually my favorite though.  Some of them I ate plain (as is) and others I used in my morning smoothies.  It doesn't matter how you eat these yogurts, they are great for a weight loss/low carb plan as each container is only 60 calories, has 1.5 grams of fat, 4 carbs and 8 grams of protein.  Now that is one great way to start your day.  It definitely kept me full all morning too.


I was also able to try another Kroger Brand yogurt this time too.  I tried their line of Greek yogurts.  Now they have regular (but flavored) Greek yogurt as well as a Greek Lite version too.  I am DEFINITELY a huge fan of the LITE version.  I love the flavors as they aren't as strong or tangy as typical Greek yogurt is.  In this campaign I tried the Pineapple Mango which as 16 carbs, 0 fat and a whopping 16 grams of protein per cup! 

I also tried the Vanilla, Peach and Strawberry flavors of the Greek Lite.  I'll admit, the Greek Lite flavors aren't as exciting as ones such as Pineapple Mango or Caramel Spice Cake, but it was still good.  These are now my go-to choices for feeding my one year old too since he does not like meat.  I love that he loves yogurt and giving him the Greek yogurt gives him a ton of (much needed) protein. 


Here's a little secret too (don't tell him OR my girls!): I've been giving them the Vanilla Greek Lite yogurt and mixing in some of his baby food to make it different flavors.  I get his baby food and protein in at one time.  And they all love it.  The girls have no idea there's baby food in their yogurt either.  (shhhh!) 


If this isn't enough info to get you to run out to your nearest Kroger and stock up on their yogurt then you are definitely missing out.  Good, more for me! 

Head on over to their website for more information and don't forget to follow them on Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment