Wednesday, March 27, 2013

#884: Mango Ginger Water


Sometimes I have a hard time actually considering a recipe a "new recipe" when it is so ridiculously simple to make and doesn't require actual cooking.  This is one of those recipes.   I found this idea on Pinterest to make metabolism boosting flavored water.  I'll be thrilled if it helps in the weight loss department.  If not, at least I'm getting more water in right?!  I'm hoping my weekly weight in after this week will be an improvement to what I've been seeing on the scale lately.  (I know, every little bit counts, but a little bit MORE would make me very happy!)

This tastes pretty good.  You can definitely taste the ginger so you have to like the flavor of it if you're going to like this water. 

1 inch Ginger Root, peeled and sliced
1 cup Frozen Mango- fresh is fine too

Peel the ginger and slice into 3-4 coin sized slices. You want them about the size and thickness of the coin. Drop into your pitcher and add in the mango. Top with 3 cups of ice and then add with water.(the ice is important, it holds down the ginger and mango to help infuse the water).  Place in your fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.  This lasts 24 hours. 

Note: This recipe calls for a 4 liter sun tea container. If you want to use a smaller pitcher cut the recipe in half, just divide by two. If you only want to make 1 liter divide recipe ingredients by 4.
Makes 4 liters, refill 4 liter pitcher 2-4 times until flavor is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment