Wednesday, March 27, 2013

#887: Cowboy Turkey Burgers


My two sisters and my mom have been telling me how good these burgers are and that I needed to try it.  We are a burger loving family (okay some of us are!) so I finally got this recipe on our menu.  Unfortunately our grill is super finicky so we had to grill in the garage which kept setting off the smoke alarm and giving my husband a mini heart attack thinking it was going to blow up our house.  He's informed me that we are NOT doing that again.  :)  Our garage smells delicious though! 

We really enjoyed these.  Okay the kids and I enjoyed these, Brian got a plain burger because he wouldn't have eaten it with cheese inside.  I also omitted the jalapenos so my kids would actually eat this.  If you like heat, definitely add it in.  As much as I enjoyed these though, I honestly didn't think they were any different/more special than some of the other turkey burger recipes I've tried and enjoyed. 

1 lb 93% lean ground turkey (sorry this is too lean for my liking, we used 85%)
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1/2 cup red onion, chopped finely
1-2 jalapenos, chopped finely
1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese
1 tbsp mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until just combined.
Divide into four patties and let rest for 10 minutes.
Cook burgers on the grill for 5-6 minutes each side or until cooked through completely. You can also cook in a skillet for 5-6 minutes on each side.

If you make the recipe as directed (not my changes) this makes 4 burgers at 6 ww+ pts each (not including the bun).

No comments:

Post a Comment