Sunday, March 31, 2013

#894: Classic Deviled Eggs


I'm a little embarrassed to admit, with all of the cooking I do, I've never made deviled eggs.  That is partly due to the fact that I don't like deviled eggs.  But it's Easter and my brother Mike loves them so I was happy to make them for him.  I don't know if this is the recipe my mom uses or not, but it looked good enough for me to try. 

I also dyed these in food coloring before filling so I could easily distinguish between the two different kinds of deviled eggs I made.  (Super easy to do, just fill a glass with water and add about 4-6 drops of food coloring.  Let egg halves soak for about 15 minutes.)

I can't really review these because I didn't eat any.  But there were only a few left and my brother took the leftovers, so that's always a good sign.
6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon Parsley Flakes
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
Paprika

Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; place in small bowl. Mash yolks with fork or potato masher.
Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, parsley and seasoned salt until smooth and creamy. Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment