Monday, March 4, 2013

#871: Pumpkin Pie Smoothie


This is a super easy recipe that you can throw into your blender and night and then just have to whip (er, blend) together in the morning.  I got my blender going, then added some ice cubes and it was done.  You can definitely taste the orange juice in this recipe but it gives it a nice sweetness and isn't too overpowering.  This is a thick smoothie, so it's filling.  I like it!  Extremely healthy too. 

Sorry for the bad photo, but I took this literally as I was about to walk out the door.  (No time to put it into a clear cup).

1⁄4 cup orange juice
1⁄4 cup low-fat milk (I used coconut milk)
1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1⁄4 cup canned pumpkin puree
1⁄2 very ripe banana (peeled and sliced)
a dash of cinnamon and/or a dash of nutmeg
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ice cubes

Put all the ingredients in the blender. Put the top on tightly. Turn the blender to a medium setting and blend until the ice is chopped and the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.

This is 2 ww+ pts for the entire recipe/cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment