Sunday, March 3, 2013

#863: Spicy Yoda Ears (Spicy Edamame)


I made these spicy yoda ears for Allison and Matthew's Star Wars themed birthday party.  I personally did not even try them because I don't like heat.  Some of my siblings thought they were very spicy, others didn't think they were spicy at all.  I used half of the amount of spice because I thought it was going to be super hot.  If you like heat, this recipe is apparently for you. 

2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 (1-pound) bag frozen edamame, in the pod (green soy beans)

Heat the salt, chili powder, and pepper flakes in a small dry skillet over medium heat, stirring until hot and aromatic, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and crumble in the oregano.

Boil the edamame pods in salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain in a colander and pat dry. Toss the edamame pods with the chili-salt and serve warm.

1/2 cup of edamame is 3 ww+ pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment