Thursday, March 21, 2013

#879: Sweet and Spicy Dump Chicken


Oh I thought I was going to pull one over on my family with this recipe.  I was sure we were all going to like it and I was going to be able to do a happy dance and gloat that I got them to eat apricot jam.  As you can tell where I'm going with this already, that did not happen.  Now I say this and Brian hasn't even eaten it.  He wasn't home for dinner tonight so it was just the kids and I.  No one (not even me) enjoyed this chicken.  The kids didn't like the taste and the last time I had chicken like this I got the flu so as soon as I tasted it I had awful flashbacks to that night.  Lots of chicken thrown in the trash with this one.  :(

PS...I made this in the crockpot instead of in the oven as directed.  So much easier!

1 Package Taco Seasoning Mix
8 oz Apricot Jam
12 oz Salsa
1 1/2 Pounds Chicken Pieces

For immediate cooking: Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Place all ingredients into a
large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run
clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken
breasts).

For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1 Gallon freezer bag. Lay flat
in freezer.

To thaw and cook: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before, make
sure the baggie is completely closed. Place the Bag on a shelf furthest
from the freezer (It works best if the bag is laying flat, although this
may not be the best option with a side-by-side fridge/freezer). Preheat the
oven to 350 F. Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and
bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30
minutes for chicken breasts).

No comments:

Post a Comment