Sunday, March 3, 2013

#859: Kale, Pineapple, and Almond-Milk Smoothie


If you are friends with me on facebook you probably already know this, but Matthew (my almost 1 year old) is a very picky eater.  He eats carbs and fruits.  I am constantly trying to get him to try new/other foods.  He refused to eat his lunch for me the day I made this but he kept trying to get my cup of this smoothie away from me!  I think he drank about 1/8 of it.  Fine with me since he got some protein, veggies and fruit in this. 

As for me, I really, really enjoyed this smoothie.  It would be a wonderful healthy breakfast and easy to make in the morning before work. 

1 cup unsweetened almond milk 

1 cup packed chopped kale
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup diced pineapple
1 banana
Puree ingredients in a blender until smooth.

This is 1 ww+ pt for the entire batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment