Wednesday, March 27, 2013

#888: Stuffed Zucchini Boats

These stuffed zucchini boats are quite yummy and can definitely be changed up to use whatever ingredients you have on hand.  I added zucchini to this batch since I had some in the fridge.  I loved the bacon in this but it would be really good with ground breakfast sausage too. 
 
1 zucchini
1/4 large onion, chopped fine
3-4 slices crispy bacon, chopped (I used 4 tbsp real bacon bits)
1 tbsp sour cream (I used ricotta cheese)
salt, to taste
curry powder, to taste (I didn't have any so I omitted)
1/2 tomato, seeded and chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I used about 3 tbsp)
fresh cracked black pepper

Give the zucchini a quick wash for good measure.  Slice in half lengthwise. Leave the ends on to keep the filling in. Scoop out the flesh with a melon ball or a spoon.  Leave a ledge of zucchini around the edges.  Arrange the zucchini boats in a baking dish. Chop the zucchini flesh as small as you like.


Finely chop half a sweet onion and saute with the bacon.  When done, add the curry powder, sour cream, tomatoes and thyme. Refill the zucchini shells with the filling mixture.


Grate some good aged Parmigiano Reggiano cheese on top and sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes. 

One of my entire zucchini (both halves) was 3 1/2 ww+ pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment