Wednesday, March 27, 2013

#885: Green Machine Smoothie


Here's another healthy smoothie recipe that will get in several servings of fruit in one meal.  When I found this recipe it claimed: "The green machine! Drink this daily and watch the pounds come off without fuss."  That definitely caught my eye!  I have no idea if the claim of weight loss to this recipe is true or not, but I'm willing to try it.

This smoothie is delicious.  As you can see below, Matthew loved it.  The girls enjoyed their drink too.  I will definitely make this again, and again.  Yummy!  


1/2 c frozen peaches
1/2 c frozen pineapple
5-8 spinach leaves
1 banana
3/4 c of Greek yogurt (I used 3 oz)

3/4 c of juice (I used 4 oz 100% apple juice and 4 oz of water)

Blend well and serve immediately. 

One serving is 6 ww+ pts.  I refused to drink that much for my breakfast so I cut down on the yogurt and replaced half of the juice with water.  My drink was 3 ww+ pts (much better!)

And because I think he's cute, here's one of him smiling:

No comments:

Post a Comment