Saturday, March 30, 2013

#891: Skinny Shamrock Shake


Pretend this is a super bright green color.  I just bought and now cannot find my food coloring!  Brian, Allison and I all looked all over the place to see if I maybe put it away in some obscure place but alas it is gone (hopefully temporarily because I need it for my colored deviled eggs!).  (PS...I eventually found my food coloring stuck in the bag w/my shallots in the pantry.  I knew I saw them somewhere!!) 

I love Shamrock Shakes.  I never get them though because I know they aren't very healthy and once I drink one, I want to go back daily to get another one.  So when I came across this healthier version I was excited to try it. 

This is quite close to the original recipe.  No it's not the same, but maybe if I had a McDonald's cup and their ridiculously large-holed straws, and if I had topped it with whipped cream, then maybe it would have been exactly the same.  Regardless, I loved it.  I loved it A LOT.  I want to make another one right now but I have to convince Brian to eat the rest of the frozen yogurt so I DON'T make more.  Mmmmm!!

¾ cup fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt (I used no sugar added vanilla ice cream from Edy's)
½ cup fat-free milk
⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract or mint extract
5 drops green food coloring
2 packages Stevia, your favorite sugar substitute (I omitted, it doesn't need it!)
3-4 ice cubes

Ingredients for Topping: (I omitted)
Fat-free or Light whipped cream, optional


Combine all shake ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.  Stop blender to stir with a spoon, if necessary, to help blend everything.

Pour into a 16 oz glass. Top with light whipped cream, if desired and enjoy immediately.

Makes 1 (16 oz) serving at 5.5 ww+ pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment