Sunday, March 3, 2013

#857: Strawberries and Cream Frappe

 
I wanted so much to like this recipe.  I honestly thought I would.  I just didn't.  It didn't do anything for me.  Fortunately, my co-worker and friend, Lora liked it so she drank it instead.  (I'm glad it didn't go to waste!) 

2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
1/3 cup strawberries, frozen
6 medium strawberries,fresh, roughly chopped
1 tsp, vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. stevia (one packet)
 
Freeze coconut milk in a shallow dish. Once frozen, leave on counter to thaw a bit or microwave for about 30 seconds until it's thawed enough for your blender to handle. Just don't overheat it.

In a microwave safe dish add the frozen strawberries and defrost for about 45 seconds. Mash strawberries with a fork. You are looking for the juice of the strawberries.
 
In a blender add coconut milk, vanilla extract, frozen strawberries with the juice, fresh strawberries and stevia. Crush/blend until incorporated about 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment