Sunday, March 3, 2013

#866: Vanilla Cupcakes


Yeah, these don't look like vanilla cupcakes do they?!  It's hard to tell with the decorations and frosting on top.  I promise, they are indeed vanilla cupcakes though.  I made these for my 6 year old and 1 year old's birthday party this weekend.  Obviously (or I should say hopefully) you can see that they wanted a star wars themed birthday.  I didn't want to make a boxed cake mix cupcake so I made real cupcakes.  Personally, they weren't any better than the boxed stuff.  I thought these were a little dry/tough/chewy.  Maybe I over baked them.  I don't know, but these surely weren't knock-your-socks-off cupcakes. 

3/4 cup butter

3 eggs
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla (add more for a super-vanilla taste)
1 1/4 cups milk
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

Prior to starting, get the eggs and butter to room temperature. Grease and flour two cupcake/muffin pans, or add cupcake wrappers to trays.

Stir together the salt, baking powder, flour.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat butter in an electric mixer on high for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until combined. Continue to beat and add the eggs. Beat well and add vanilla.


Add part of the flour mixture then part of the milk, then beat on low. Repeat until all of the milk and flour mixture have been added. Combine and spread batter into cupcake pans.
Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the cupcakes are golden brown and toothpick comes out clean from the center. Cool for at least 15 minutes then remove from pans.

No comments:

Post a Comment