Sunday, March 3, 2013

#870: Ham and Corn Quiche

So I couldn't decide what to eat for dinner tonight (we were all doing our own thing since we had a late lunch) so I finally settled on making this quiche to eat for dinner AND to have for breakfast this week at school.  This is a very easy recipe to make!  I think I had it all put together and in the oven in about 5 minutes.  It took a lot longer to cook though.  I like my eggs very well done though, but the middle took a long time to set up.  The directions say to cook for about 25 minutes, but I cooked mine for about 40 minutes. 

Next time I make this I'm going to add in other veggies though.  It doesn't need it but it will only make it healthier! 
 
2 whole eggs (I used 1/2 cup of egg substitute)
3 egg whites
1/2 cup corn, drained and rinsed
1/4 chopped onion
1/2 cup non fat milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup diced ham (I used 3 oz of Canadian bacon, diced)
1 frozen pie crust

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and place the frozen pie crust on the counter.
 
Spray a saute pan with cooking spray and saute the onions until they begin to become translucent. Remove from heat and let them cool.
 
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg white, milk, salt, and pepper until frothy. Stir in the corn, ham, and cheese.
 
Pour the egg mixture into the pie crust. Bake according to the directions on the pie crust – likely 20-25 minutes until the center is firm.

My version was 27 ww+ pts for the entire pie.  That comes down to 3.5 ww+ pts per serving for 8 servings or 4.5 ww+ pts for 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment