Sunday, March 31, 2013

#895: BLT Deviled Eggs


Since it's Easter, I couldn't just make regular old deviled eggs, I had to make them a tad more special so I found a recipe for BLT Deviled Eggs.  Now those sounded good to me and they looked super simple to make.  I was hoping to impress my brother.  And it's a Paula Deen recipe so you know it has to be good. 

These went over very well.  Just like the classic deviled eggs I made, I also didn't eat these because I don't like deviled eggs, but I did try a little bit of the filling and I thought it was pretty good.  I'm happy to report that there were very few of these left and my brother took all the leftovers home with him.  I would definitely make these again (No, that's not true.  I'm never making deviled eggs again.  They are a pain in the butt to cook and peel.  But if I was going to make deviled eggs again, I would make these.) :)

6 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled plus more for garnish, if desired
2 cherry tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Halve the eggs lengthwise. Remove the yolks and add them to a medium bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork and stir in the mayonnaise, bacon, tomatoes, and parsley. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and blend well.

Fill the egg whites evenly with the yolk mixture and garnish with bacon, if desired. Arrange them in a container and store, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment