Saturday, March 16, 2013

#874: Banana and Peanut Butter Smoothie


I just got this recipe this week from my recent Kraft Foods Magazine.  I drink a smoothie (usually with banana in it) almost every day so this recipe is not quite different than some of the other drinks I make.  But this recipe has the addition of Greek yogurt which I almost always have on hand right now for Matthew. 

I threw all of the ingredients into the blender the night before (except the ice cubes of course!) and stuck it in the fridge.  Then in the morning I just had to add that final ingredient and blend away.  This was a really good, thick smoothie.  I enjoyed it a lot!  This will go into my morning smoothie rotation (ok I don't really have a rotation but I definitely have drinks I enjoy more than others).

1/2 c milk (I used chocolate almond milk)
6 oz Greek yogurt
1 ripe banana

2 tbsp creamy peanut butter (I used 2 tbsp PB2 powder)
2 tbsp honey (I omitted)

1/2 c ice cubes

Blend all ingredients except ice in a blender until blended.  Add ice, blend on high until thickened.  Serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment