Wednesday, March 27, 2013

#889: Weight Watchers Perfect Roast Chicken


I have no idea if this is an actual Weight Watcher's approved recipe or not.  I found this recipe on Slender Kitchen so I'm assuming the points are accurate/correct.  Let me just say how much I hate whole chickens.  I saw way too many chicken body parts for my liking.  I had to bleach my kitchen afterwards and now my house stinks!  Blech. 

Look at how crispy that skin is though!  Granted we didn't eat it because it isn't healthy, but it still looked good and crispy.  This chicken was super moist.  I'd say that we will eat this again but we really hate picking through the bones to get the meat out.  I'd rather eat a boneless, skinless chicken breast.  But if you don't mind digging thru the chicken to get the meat out, then this is a great recipe.

1 5-6 lb. roasting chicken
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large bunch fresh thyme
1 lemon, halved
1 head garlic, cut in half crosswise
1 tbsp. butter, melted

Preheat the oven to 425.  Wash the chicken and pat it dry completely. Season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper. Stuff with the lemon, 3/4 of the thyme bunch, and the garlic.
 
Brush the outside of the chicken with the melted butter. Season with salt and pepper.  Roast for 90 minutes or until the juice run clear. Let rest for 30 minutes, tented with foil, before serving.
 
According to Slender Kitchen WW+ Points: 4 oz. breast 5 points plus, drumstick 3 points plus, wing 4 points plus, thigh 5 points plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment