Saturday, March 23, 2013

#883: Creamy Layered Fruit Sensation


I've had this recipe bookmarked on one of my Pinterest boards for almost a year now.  I'm not sure why I waited do long to make this!  Not only was it super, super easy to make, but it was delicious!  I think I'm always going to eat angel food cake with a little orange juice/almond extract poured on it.  It was wonderful.  I will definitely make this recipe again.  It went over well with our family at Easter and it was just good! 

The only thing I did wrong was to let Matthew finish the extra cool whip because it was supposed to be topped with cool whip.  Since I didn't have any left, I didn't have a middle layer of pudding and used it as the topper instead.  Not a big deal in flavor/taste, but it would have looked prettier if that big middle part in the bowl wasn't all cake.  :)

3 Tbsp  orange juice 
¼ tsp.  almond extract
1 pkg. (10 oz.) prepared angel food cake, cut into 2-inch cubes
2 pkg. (1 oz. each) Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Pudding
2-1/2 cups  cold fat-free milk
1-1/2 cups  thawed Cool Whip Sugar Free Whipped Topping, divided
2 pkgs  (12 oz. each) frozen unsweetened mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries), thawed, well drained
 
Mix juice and extract. Drizzle over cake cubes in large bowl; toss to coat.
Beat pudding mixes and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1 cup Cool Whip.
 
Reserve a few berries for garnish. Place half the cake cubes in 2-qt. glass bowl; top with layers of half each of the remaining berries and pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate 2 hours. Top with remaining Cool Whip and reserved berries just before serving.
Dessert can be stored in refrigerator up to 6 hours before serving.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment