Saturday, March 16, 2013

#875: Kale, Pineapple, and Almond-Milk Smoothie

Since Matthew is 1 year old now, he is apparently a BIG boy and decided he doesn't like veggies.  Actually if it's not a carb or fruit I have a hard time getting him to eat.  My pediatrician suggested sneaking in his veggies.  Apparently he doesn't know about my blog and that I already try to do that AND that it's awfully hard to sneak a veggie into bread!  Fortunately for me Matthew likes MY smoothies.  I think he just likes that he's taking my stuff.  So I try to make him different green smoothies as often as I can.  I decided to make this smoothie since I had all of the ingredients on hand.

He loved this.  (As you can see from the photo at right).  I had to pry the cup away from him so he wouldn't dump it all down the front of this shirt. Nice smoothie mustache.  He was also mid screech at me!  

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup packed chopped kale
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 cup diced pineapple
1 banana
Puree ingredients in a blender until smooth.
The entire smoothie is 1 ww+ pt.

No comments:

Post a Comment