Sunday, March 3, 2013

#869: Frosty No-Bake Granola Bars


These granola muffins are a snap to throw together.  I made them to have as a snack, for dessert and/or for breakfasts this week.  The only ingredient I didn't have on hand was the Grapenuts cereal.  But now I have a huge box so I think I'll be looking to make/post other Grapenut recipes in the near future. 

These are pretty good.  You can definitely taste the banana so make sure you like bananas if you make these.  I was certain these were going to stick to the muffin/cupcake liners but they didn't!  Also, I cannot stand to eat these directly from the freezer.  I don't like the cold/texture of frozen foods though (I've never been a big fan of Popsicles).  So I had to let mine sit out for a little while to thaw slightly.  These are going to be great for breakfast this week!

2 large overripe bananas
1 cup oats
1/2 cup crunchy cereal (I used Grapenuts)
2 tbsp pure maple syrup (I used 2 tbsp unsweetened chocolate almond milk)
2 tbsp peanut butter or other nut or seed butter (I used 1 1/2 tbsp of almond butter)
2 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp dried cranberries or other fruit
2 – 4 tsp cocoa powder

Line a muffin pan with paper liners, or use a silicone muffin pan for easy removal. Mash the bananas. Add wet ingredients and cocoa powder and mix well. Add all other ingredients, mix well then press into prepared muffin tin. Freeze at least 60 minutes before serving.

My entire batch was 26 ww+ pts.  I got 13 muffins so they are all 2 ww+ pts each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment