Thursday, March 21, 2013

#881: Guilt Free Wendy's Style Frosty


I love a Wendy's frosty.  (Here's a random, gross fact about me...I used to eat my Frosty with ketchup mixed in.  Shockingly, I've heard other people that have done that too...gross.)  Recently I came across an article that said a Wendy's small frosty is one of the top

So when I came across this healthier version of the Frosty I was super excited to try it.  It is delicious.  Creamy, chocolatey, and refreshing!  The perfect way to end (or start!) your day.

This recipe serves 4.

1 cup skim milk (I used unsweetened chocolate almond milk)  
1/2 cup Nesquik chocolate powder, no sugar added (I used 25% less sugar)  
4 cups vanilla frozen yogurt, softened (I used sugar free)
      
Blend skim milk and Nesquik in a blender for ten seconds on the highest setting.  Pulse in frozen yogurt until mixture is combined, but still very thick.  Freeze for an hour or more before serving.  (Um, no thanks!  Who wants to wait an hour to eat this.  I ate it right away.  For breakfast.  Hey it had my daily dose of dairy so why not?!)

The ingredients I used was 5 ww+ pts per serving.  That's still not super low but a small Wendy's Frosty is 8 ww+ pts, so it's definitely an improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment