Thursday, March 21, 2013

#882: Weight Watchers Taco Soup

 
I'm not sure if this is actually a Weight Watchers recipe or not.  The recipe claims it is but I found it on food.com so it was uploaded by a user.  I made this for a couple day of lunches and this ended up making a HUGE pot of soup.  A little too much for just me so I'm going to try and freeze this for some future lunches before I get sick of eating it. 
 
1 lb extra lean ground beef or 1 lb turkey (I used ground turkey)
1 large onion, diced
2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
1 (15 ounce) can zesty beans (I couldn't fine these, so I used kidney beans, drained instead)
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can corn, undrained
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (15 ounce) can of petite diced tomatoes

1 1/2 cups water
1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (I used 1/2 of a package)
1 (1 ounce) envelope ranch dressing mix
 
Brown meat and onion, drain and add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
 
My entire pot of soup was 36 ww+ pts.  This soup got 18 large ladle-fuls which is 2 ww+ pts per ladle.

No comments:

Post a Comment