Sunday, March 31, 2013

#896: Sauteed Corn, Bacon, and Scallions (and Edamame)


The original recipe for this corn sautee did not call for shelled edamame, but looking at the photo I totally thought it had it in there.  So I decided to add it in.  I love edamame so why not?!  This was so easy to make and was delicious.  I loved it.  It would make a great side dish to just about any meal, any time of the year.  Next time I'm adding more bacon.  Everything is better with MORE bacon. 

4 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch strips
4 cups corn kernels (I used frozen corn, thawed)
Coarse salt and ground black pepper
Pinch of red-pepper flakes
2 to 3 scallions, sliced
12 oz package of shelled edamame, thawed
 
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until browned, 4 to 6 minutes.  Add corn kernels and edamame; season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring often, until corn is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in scallions. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment