Thursday, March 21, 2013

#877: Slow Cook Beef Tips in Gravy



This recipe has been sitting on one of my Pinterest boards.  This was a delicious and easy recipe.  We all (except for Matthew) enjoyed this dinner.  Chloe kept calling this dinner "Ruby."  I have no idea why that name stuck out to her.  She preferred to eat this as a sandwich.  The rest of us ate it over mashed potatoes. 

In order to let this sit in our crockpot all day I brought the beef stew meat home and cut each piece in half so it was more bite size pieces.  Then I flash froze it on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.  Once frozen I put it in a Ziploc bag and stuck in the freezer until we were ready to eat it.  On the day we were having this for dinner I put all of the frozen meat in a crockpot and poured the other ingredients on top.  It cooked all day and was perfect when we got home...and my house smelled so good!

I will definitely make this again for my family...even my husband who claims he doesn't like "beef stew."

1 1/2 lb. beef tips (or cubed beef stew meat)
1 package of dry Onion Soup Mix
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup (I used cream of chicken)
1 can of Beef Broth

Add beef to slow cooker.  In a bowl, combine dry Onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup and beef broth.  Stir to combine and pour over beef in slow cooker.

Stir all ingredients together. Cook on low for at least 6-8 hours.  (See notes above: I flash froze this on a cookie sheet and then cooked in the crockpot while still frozen for about 10 hours). Serve on top of mashed potatoes or egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment