Saturday, March 16, 2013

#872: Crockpot Lentils and Sausage

I originally saw this recipe posted in a bread bowl.  I'll be honest, that caught my attention more than this soup.  :)  I love bread.  I love soup in bread.  But in an effort to keep this healthier (bummer!) I skipped the bread bowl.  Big sad face. 

Bread bowl aside, this soup is ridiculously easy to make and quite good.  It isn't spicy at all so if you like heat make sure to add in some crushed red pepper or something. 

I enjoyed this soup.  Well, it's probably more like a stew since there really isn't much broth since the lentils soak it all up.  Regardless, it was good and healthy and filling. 

1 (16 ounce) package dry lentils


Rinse and drain lentils, but do not soak. In a slow cooker, stir together the lentils, tomatoes, broth, water, carrot, sausage, and celery.

Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 to 7 hours. Stir well before serving.

I halved this recipe and got 3 large servings out of this for 6 ww+ pts each.

No comments:

Post a Comment