Saturday, March 30, 2013

#892: Easy Pudding Tiramisu

This delicious looking dish is one of our desserts for Easter lunch tomorrow.  Doesn't it look yummy??  It is.  It was so easy to make too!  I actually changed the name of the original recipe though because it was called "Easy Jell-O Tiramisu," but there's no "Jell-o" in this recipe, just the brand name.  So now it's pudding tiramisu.  Or at least it is to me. 

Besides changing the name, the only thing I did different to the recipe was to add 1 1/2 tsp of instant espresso powder to the pudding mixture to give it a more "tiramisu" taste.  Easy, delicious and a tiny bit upscale looking.  I loved it.  So did Matthew and the girls.  I'm starting to wonder if this is why Matthew isn't sleeping well tonight.  Is the espresso powder keeping him up?!  No way...maybe??   No more for him just in case.  I really hope this tastes just as good tomorrow (18 hours later) as it was tonight!  
Oh, and instead of using my box grater to grate the chocolate square, I bought a bar of Ghirardelli and threw it in my food processor.  Just as good, ten times as fast.  Also, although that looks like a pretty single serving, I actually made this in an 8x8 pan.  And I doubled the recipe.  The above photo was what I had leftover that didn't fit in the pan.
 
1 pkg.  (3.4 oz.) Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
2 cups  cold milk
¾ cup  thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
8 soft ladyfingers
1 square Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate, finely grated
1 1/2 tsp Instant Espresso powder

Beat pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in Cool Whip. Place 1 ladyfinger in each of 4 dessert dishes; cover with half each of the pudding mixture and grated chocolate. Repeat layers. Refrigerate 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment