Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Homemade Idea: 2 Liter Bottles for Drink Mixes


Did you ever have a moment searching Pinterest (or the Internet) and see something and you thought, "Duh.  Why didn't I think of that?!"  I have those moments all the time.  All.The.Time.

I drink a lot of powdered drink mixes like Crystal Light.  (I'm particularly fond of the Mojito Mocktails).  But I hate having to stir up the pitcher every time I want to drink it.  It also leaves a residue behind sometimes.  Yes I know that's probably something that's not good for me...I know and I don't care. 

So as I was about to make my pitcher of mojito I noticed an empty 2 liter pop bottle sitting on the counter and realized it would be perfect for filling it up and being able to shake up the crystal light before pouring...thus eliminating the need to stir it up.  So I measured out my regular pitcher of water and poured it into the 2 liter bottle.  Obviously I am not a math person or I could have figured out how many cups were in a liter and if it would fit.  Anyway, it filled up the 2 liter bottle.  It's a perfect match. 


So...fill the empty, clean/rinsed 2 liter bottle about 1/3 of the way with water.  Add your packet of powdered drink mix and then fill the rest of the way up to the top (leave about 1 inch so it has room to mix up).  Place the cap on tightly and shake away to mix up the drink mix and dissolve the powder. 

Viola....it's perfect!  And I'm proud of myself for figuring this one out...even if I'm not the first one to realize this!  :)

Now I'm going to go pour myself a glass of Mojito and make another bottle with peach tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment