Saturday, February 23, 2013

#846: Avocado Hummus


I originally intended to make this recipe for book club, but I wasn't able to go this month so I made it for a snack instead.  It was super, super simple to put together.  And let me tell you, it is really, really good.  Oh my goodness I loved it.  I like hummus but I don't love hummus and I loved this!  This would be a great appetizer, snack or lunch!  It would even make a great spread on a sandwich.  Mmmmm!

Now when my friend Erin tried this she wasn't a big fan of it because she expected it to taste like guacamole.  It doesn't! 

1 avocado
1/2 lime
1 can of white beans drained and rinsed
pinch of sea salt
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tbsp olive oil (I omitted)

Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.  Serve with pretzel chips.

This is 16 ww+ pts for the entire batch of hummus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment