Sunday, February 10, 2013

#831: Spinach Smoothie with Pineapple and Banana


I have been drinking so many smoothies for breakfast lately.  It's a great way to get in some of my dairy, fruits and veggies AND I can make it quickly in the morning and take it with me on the go. 

I found this recipe in a recent issue of Real Simple.  I loved it!  You can't taste the spinach in it at all (you can smell it though, so just drink it in a cup with a lid and a straw), and it's got a nice, thick (but smooth) consistency.  This will definitely be in my morning smoothie rotation.


1/2 c coconut milk (I used sugar free, dairy free coconut milk)
2 c spinach (washed and stems removed)

1 1/2 c chopped pineapple
1 ripe banana (I froze mine)
1/2 c water (I omitted)

Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth adding water to reach your desired consistency. 
 
The only thing you have to account for with weight watchers is the coconut milk.  My coconut milk was .5 ww+ pts (for the 1/2 cup).  A very low point breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment